Manager – IT (Database and Business Intelligence)
Date: January 23, 2018
Job Title: Manager – IT (Database and BI)
Work Location: Dubai, UAE
Reports to: Associate Director – IT
Provide a seamless flow of information throughout the organization, considering both backend data structure and frontend accessibility for end-users by implementing & maintaining best in class Database and BI Technologies.
- Overseeing the design, maintenance and implementation of systems that manage an internal database
- Analyzing the organization’s database needs and developing a long-term strategy for data storage.
- Planning, designing, implementing, maintaining, and performing periodic re-evaluation of data integrity and data security measures
- Maintaining database disaster recovery procedures to ensure continuous availability and speedy recovery
- Creating complex query definitions that allow data to be extracted
- Troubleshooting complex database issues in accurate and timely manner
- Developing best practices for performance and operational efficiency
- Staying updated on new database technologies and analyze such technologies to bring into scope of existing infrastructure
- Leading the strategic design and maintenance of Business Intelligence applications.
- Taking a holistic view of the reporting requirements of the business, the interpreted systems, processes and data to design a solution
- Post Graduate or Graduate in Technology/Computer Application with at least 7-8 years of experience in Database Management including 3-4 years of experience in Business intelligence, preferably in retail domain
- Thorough knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Proficient knowledge of Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS), Object Oriented Database Management Systems (OODBMS) and XML database management systems
- Experience in managing the full life cycle of a BI solution, including creating the requirements analysis, design of the technical architecture and application design; development, testing, and deployment of an actual solution.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills